Provider Training Academy
Empire BlueCross BlueShield HealthPlus (Empire) offers an extensive library of training and continuing education opportunities. We will add presentations, videos and other training resources as they are available.
Provider Pathways – Doing Business with Empire BlueCross BlueShield HealthPlus (Empire) eLearning.
Provider Pathways is a 24/7 educational resource that offers a foundation for doing business with Empire. It’s designed to be user friendly and gives you flexibility when scheduling training for yourself and your staff:
- Learn more about Provider Pathways
- In order to launch the Provider Pathways eLearning you must first complete a short registration by clicking here https://chkmkt.com/ProviderPathways-NYE
Trainings and tutorials
- Overview of Crisis Services
- Maternal Behavioral Health
- Smoking Cessation
- Medicaid Advantage Plus (MAP) transition and overview
- Children's Mental Health
- MLTC Claims FAQ
- MLTC Provider Training
- Statin therapy for patients with cardiovascular disease (SPC)
- Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) FAQ
- Healthy Rewards Program
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Overview
- SBIRT (Screening , Brief Intervention, Referral for Treatment
Creating an LGBT-Friendly Practice Training Programs
Moving Toward Equity in Asthma Care CME
- Provider Digital Engagement
- Screening Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Presentation
- 837 Institutional health care claim – encounter
- 837 Institutional health care claim
- 837 Professional health care claim – encounter
- 837 Professional health care claim
- 270/271 Healthcare eligibility benefit inquiry and response — batch
- 276/277 Healthcare claim status request/response — batch
- 270/271 Healthcare eligibility benefit inquiry and response — real-time
- 276/277 Healthcare claim status request/response — real-time
HEDIS Measures for the Medical Record Review Process
CMS Toolkit - Telehealth for Providers: What You Need to Know
Webinars and recordings
Interactive Care Reviewer training and videos, and registration for live webinar training
The provider manual provides key information regarding the quality improvement program, utilization management (UM), quality standards for providers, claims appeals, reimbursement policies and more.
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
A clinician’s tool for identifying risky substance use behaviors and providing appropriate intervention.
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment, commonly referred to as SBIRT, is an evidence-based, comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services to people with substance misuse and those at risk of developing disorders. The goal of SBIRT is to reduce and prevent related health consequences, disease, accidents, and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue that often goes undetected; providers can help by incorporating this evidence-based tool that is demonstrated to be valid and reliable in identifying individuals with problem use or at risk for a substance use disorder (SUD).
If you wish to print SBIRT educational materials, please review the links below to obtain a downloadable flier and brochure. For any further discussions regarding SBIRT, please contact your Provider Experience or Provider Relations representative.
Learn About Availity
Many of the tools you need — eligibility and benefits inquiry, claims submission, claims status inquiry, and authorizations — can be accessed from your Availity account. You can find instructions for locating and using these tools on the Learn about Availity page.
Cultural competency resources
Patient panels are growing more diverse and needs are becoming more complex. It is important for providers to have the knowledge, resources, and tools to offer culturally competent care. Empire wants to help by offering the following comprehensive trainings and resources, as we all work together to achieve health equity.
My Diverse Patients
The My Diverse Patients website offers learning experiences, techniques, and helps you to provide the individualized care every patient deserves, regardless of their backgrounds.
My Diverse Patients Training: Creating an LGBT-Friendly Practice
My Diverse Patients Training: Breast Cancer Screening for African American Women
My Diverse Patients Training: Reducing Healthcare Stereotype Threat
Improving the Patient Experience
What Matters Most: Improving the Patient Experience is an online course for providers and office staff that addresses gaps in care and offers approaches to communication with patients. This course is available at no cost and is eligible for one CME credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Cultural competency training
A training resource to increase cultural and disability competency to help effectively support the health and healthcare needs of your diverse patients. All contracted healthcare providers with Empire should complete the online cultural competency training.
Caring for diverse populations toolkit
A comprehensive resource to help providers and office staff increase effective communication by enhancing knowledge of the values, beliefs, and needs of diverse patients.
Provider Added-Value and Experience Program (PAVE)
Paving the way for stronger connections
The Provider Added-Value and Experience program promotes and drives collaboration between Empire and the Medicaid provider network.
PAVE coordinates and plans in-person and online education events for Medicaid providers and staff. These events offer participants up-to-date information, tools and resources they need to provide the highest quality of care to patients. More specifically, PAVE:
- Facilitates learning opportunities — PAVE plans and facilitates learning opportunities and events for Empire network providers who engage our members.
- Meets learning needs — PAVE coordinates in-person and online provider education and fosters connection to Empire for support and assistance on learning needs.
- Drives collaboration — PAVE events are collaborative and encourage communication, engagement and networking.
Other training resources
Provider tools & resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Reimbursement Policies
- Provider Manuals, Policies & Guidelines
- Provider Training Academy
- Pharmacy Information
- Provider News & Announcements