Empire BlueCross BlueShield HealthPlus (Empire) uses Availity* as its exclusive partner for managing all electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions. EDI, including electronic remittance advices (ERAs) and electronic funds transfers (EFTs), allows for a faster, more efficient and cost-effective way for providers and employers to do business.
EDI lets you:
- Process claims faster by submitting coordination of benefits electronically and fixing errors early with in-system notification and correction.
- Reduce overhead and administrative costs by eliminating paper claim submissions.
- Speed up enrollment and payment for employer groups benefits.
- Upload files through file transfer protocol (FTP) or directly in Availity as a batch or single claim submission.
For Empire in Availity, you can complete the following HIPAA transactions:
- Healthcare claim: professional (837P)
- Healthcare claim: institutional (837I)
- Healthcare claim: dental (837D)
- Healthcare eligibility benefit inquiry and response (270/271)
- Healthcare services review and response (278)
- Healthcare services inquiry and response (278)
- Healthcare claim payment/advice (835)
- Healthcare claim status request and response (276/277)
- Medical attachments (275)
Ways you can use EDI with Availity
Availity’s EDI clearinghouse options
- EDI clearinghouse for direct submitters:
- For organizations with fewer than 10,000 monthly transactions.
- Submit batch files through the portal or Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) using third-party software such as billing software.
- EDI clearinghouse for high-volume trading partners
- Or, use your existing clearinghouse vendor:
- Work with your vendor to ensure connection with the Availity EDI Gateway.
Already have an Availity login but want to submit EDI transactions?
- Log into Availity.
- Choose My Providers then select Enrollments Center then select Transaction Enrollment.
- Follow the steps to enroll as a trading partner.
New to Availity and want to submit EDI transactions?
www.availity.com and select Register.
- Select your organization type and complete the registration process.
- Check your email to verify your account.
- Once your account is verified, agree to the disclaimer, set up your security questions and change your password.
- Set up any authorized users.
Payer IDs route EDI transactions to the appropriate payer.
Empire payer name and ID:
- Your Payer Name is Empire BlueCross BlueShield HealthPlus.
- Your Payer ID is 27514.
- Note: If you use a billing company or clearinghouse for your EDI transmissions, please work with them on which payer ID they want you to use.